Time grows short for any grandparent to spend quality time with their grandchildren, It is even shorter if it is meant to be quality time to give them advice. Or as many grandparents would suggest, “sound advice, and telling it like it is so they don’t repeat the mistakes of the generations which led them to their adult years.”
In other words, the time when we must let go, have our last “say” .
So here goes mine; SHORT AND SWEET.
Family Admonitions From Grandma Lady
- God, family, country.
- Each generation is to better the family’s lives and reputation. You will leave a legacy, good, bad, or ugly. But it is left in the wake of your very existence whether you plan it or not. You just can’t say “no I won’t”. It happens like it or not, so suck it up buttercup.
- Education, be it university or trade, leads to independence. Every piece of knowledge, every certificate, diploma, or learned craft, skill, or volunteer experience, makes you a more desirable, prepared, person when an opportunity presents itself.
- Honesty and work ethic are superseded only by character.
- Family, close or far, is family. Love even when you cannot like. Stand up for them until they stand against you.
- Genetics matter,love matters, think before you commit. Your decisions are the “bricks” upon which your child’s body, mind and character are built. What you create, you care for, love, support and never abandon. Tough love can be a “buzz word” for giving up. Be tougher than that. God never gives up on us, can we do any less?
- Being judgmental is only an excuse not to help or care. Being judgmental is an act of ego and closing the door to compassion, empathy and trust.
- Animals are extensions of our soul, so be kind, caring, and proactive to those around you.
- Music, art, dance, and writing are the gifts we leave to “pay it forward” to the world around us.
- DEDICATED TO MY GRANDCHILDREN.